Sunday 25 September 2016

Yarndale 2016!

So thought I'd try and be on the ball before my photos get lost in a sea of other photos. 

So I drove to Yarndale on the Saturday and left the small people with my hubby. 

It was a busy one. Busiest I've seen 


I went with my Mam and sis. 


So favourite stall, hands down was Five Moons, I had ordered from them previously and was really excited to check the colours out in person. 



What I loved about this stall is the 20g mini skeins and the 50g ones. I don't use much for socks so this was fab and obvs half the price. 

Mini love. 


I got these to start with 


I was shopping for five moons and 2 garment quanties for these. 


So a 4ply jumper for me. I wanted something super special as its a LOT of SS so wanted it to be fab. I had lots of options and flittered from stall to stall. 

Easyknits always a winner. 



Or these, this was Suffolk Sock LITG I think 



Yeh I couldn't decide. I was going to stripe the body with a third colour so in the end I got these. 
I'm excited about starting this one. Gonna be a giant project but hoping gorgeous wool will help. 



And this is Chuck which is worsted/Aran. 

I knew I wanted something 'commercial' really just coz handdyed would be pricey. 

So I got this....

It's super soft and a lovely colour. It's called Fog. I'm excited to cast on. 


I got some scrummy buttons, as did my Mam 


We met my lovely friend Gwen and wandered together and stopped for lunch. 

There were Knit Pro zings on lots of stalls and I really like the interchangeable pair I have. ( didn't like the fixed ones). I got one pair but think I should have got more. 


What else....
 I met the lovely Amy from The Stranded podcast and stranded dyeworks company, I really enjoy her podcast so was great to meet her.


I got these scrummy things too 

So I nipped back to a stall for some candian yarn Koigu that u can't really get here. 
Pretty isn't it. And I thought a bit differed.  

I may have gone back to five moons. 
Super pleased with these. The brights are for a shawl to go with something else I have and mini's are for heels and toes. 


So a pretty impressed haul 


I am aiming to get to Edinburgh Yarn Festival ( massively pregnant last time) so best get knitting.  

Now our busy 2 weeks are over, awesome holiday and lots of birthday celebrations I am ready for a bit of doing nothing. 

I'm still working on my Lush Cardigan and aiming for t done by the end of the month. 

Right children call X 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails