Sunday 14 July 2013

Baby Girls first quilt

So I did it (last weekend actually) I finally finished the quilt i was working on for baby girl

I havent showed you too much but its been hanging around for a while. 

I got my fabric from here  Its Riley Blake Little Red Riding Hood. 


So yes this has been a big old project, I have made a fair few quilts in my time and many for my friends babies but i wanted this one to be a step up. My friend Vic helped me with the measuring and cutting and i got to sewing it together. I did this other  couple of weeks, then it was left for a bit.

I couple of weeks ago I got rob to do the good old crawling on the floor bit to lay the wadding out etc so i could start the quilting bit. 


So yes after a few very hot hours last weekend under this quite large quilt i finished!

Yay! 


I am beyond proud of it and i cant wait to put baby girl on it. 


It has a dusty pink back on it, (which you dont need to see lol )


and there you have it, a big fat tick on the list.
There are many things i want to make before baby comes but this along with the floor cushion and the blanket i'm knitting were high on my list so it feels great to have it done.


So there you go all finished yippee!!!!!!


10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful quilt - love all the pretty patterns and colours. Chuckled at you having to get Rob to do the crawling - good job it's only temporary :)) Elizabeth xx

Katie said...

That looks fantastic! What a lucky baby girl you'll have!

Hannah2 said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Well done on getting it finished in time and in this weather! There will be many photos and memories involving it in the future I am sure!

Hannah2 said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Well done on getting it finished in time and in this weather! There will be many photos and memories involving it in the future I am sure!

hotpotato said...

it's gorgeous Rachel no wonder you're proud of yourself.

Unknown said...

Great job! Your quilt is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful!! Baby girl is very lucky to have so many lovely handmade items waiting for her arrival.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails