Friday 1 June 2012

Summer Knitting

Hi all, so the other day i was on a bit of a mission to finish one of my knits, i tend to get on a mission as i near the end. This fab shrug was a fab pattern, clear and easy.


I am really pleased with how this came out, i have knit a few shrugs in my time 



I have to say this is by far my favourite


The colour is called Mashed Banana


I now need one in every colour.

The yarn was really nice, i got it in the Black Sheep Wools sale when i went a bit crazy, but i used it, i do have a fair bit left so not sure how i measured the amount i would need in the first place.

Sublime Yarns Kapok DK, i had never heard of it before but i really liked it, I'm knitting another jumper with it at the moment, well when i say knitting i have started it lol. I would say its a tiny bit big but just sure it that was gauge or my yarn but i would maybe go down a needle size, this was only the 2nd size too. 



the lace pattern on the back is really cute, needs mild concentration and picking up the stitches for the border wasn't a huge amount of fun but alas it is done.


So there you have it, after i finished this i was inspired to finish some of my other knits which were nearly there, so i will tell you about those another day. 

I also have some scrapping to share with you, i have my March doc 2012 pages but i have misplaced my 12x12 pages so will need to dig them out. I have my April pages all done too andy must show you my invites as most of them have gone out now.

Right thats all for now.

So to summarise, great pattern, dk weight, got and knit it.

Rach x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails