Saturday 4 March 2017

Learning stuff

Hi all, so I haven't been able to update my blogger app which is why I'm not really blogging, if anyone knows how to fix it that would be awesome.

So what have I been up to? the usual, looking after these little monkeys who are growing up insanely fast.


This dude is one next month! 1 WHAT!


we've had some freezing park days and getting out and about. 


So knitting wise I've finished a few things,

This is Flax Light which I knit out of fancy left over yarn from my camp side cardigan. 


of course he looks gorgeous. 


I've been knitting up a sock storm lately, using my Fab funky fibres, i did a afterthought heel here but isn't the best fit. 


So i tried something new and did a  new to me design, just vanilla but this one has a german short row heel, I used this pattern 

I haven't been really 'into' learning new things as its hard work and when you only get a little time its a pain to learn and do things wrong, but I've been trying to stop being lazy with it.


And they fit great, i am all about the coloured toe at the min which you will see. 


So in the interest of learning new things, this pair of socks are toe up which is pretty new to me, i think I've done it once, i did the Judys magic cast on, and THEN i did another new heel, the fish lips kiss heel.



And i love them they are a great fit, i have kinda lived in these since i finished them. 


This is another fab funky fibres, which was a 50g skein so with added toes and heels it makes a full pair of socks. 


These were a january pair and i did a short row heel for these but again my 2 new ones are such a better fit.


So I also knit my boy his first Owlet just using style craft which is a bit gorgeous.



Look at my little beauties, geez i could eat them up.


I am 'still' on mat leave but been popping into work for 'keeping in touch' days of KIT days so thats been ok for a few hours.


We've been going to baby sensory for a few months now which i do with theo when martha is at nursery


What else, ah yes i made a little knitty corner in my room, ah remember the days i had a whole room, though to be fair a good chunk of my yarn is still in Theo's room. 

 I got these awesome baskets from very.co.uk random i know, at first i thought they would be huge but turns out i have a fair bit of indie dyed yarn, who knew.
 

and this is just next to my bed so i can see it all the time. 


So there you go if you want to follow my knitting antics then i am over on instagram as rewardingmemories.

OOOOHHHH speaking of knitting, I am going to the EDINBURGH YARN FESTIVAL next week! with some knit night friends, we are going on the Friday on the early early train! If you see me say hi!

These are my sock plans for March, yet more fab funky fibres and Norah George yarn and five moons minis.


i had my little helpers winding it for me. 


Im trying super hard to finish my old project to wear for the festival my dotted rays 

i have 7 rows a day to have it done, i didn't do my 7 yesterday coz i was selling loads of the kids clothes to fund Edinburgh alas must keep trying.


Right thats loads for now, will try not to be as long next time.

right i have 14 rows to do! Yikes! 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails