Sunday 3 April 2016

What's not on the needles??

HFrankly there isn't much not on the needles. I have been casting on like crazy this and I don't care. I never did the whole 'nesting' thing with Martha frankly the concept bugs me, yes tidy and prepare before baby comes but I'm not sure I believe in it. 

However I do believe in casting on ALL of the things before baby comes and getting everything to a nice 'easy' point that should you manage a little knitting here and there then you can do it without loosing your mind. 

We all know the digging out the needles and casting on and starting and trying figure out where increases and patterns go is frankly a pain so if I can get past those 'tricky' bits then that's great. 

Or even better finish projects I know I've not got a chance of doing coz it's a more complicated pattern or they are long old rows.  

Anyway so on the needles currently. 

I picked up my pebble bean head shawl which I've had on the needles for ages. It's been 'stuck' at 20% so I thought I would try and finish is. I thought if I did say 5% a day then it would be done before baby right? 

 
So I've been really good at doing my 5% I hadn't done it by 10.30 the other night and I sat up ( like a crazy person) and did it. And then I woke up silly early and did my 5% the next day 

 
Can you see how additive this could be? Oh I'll just get to the next % 

And then the other day I did like 25% in a day and now I'm on 60%. Now the rows are getting longer but I'm still keeping up. 


Erm what else? I've been trying to finish loads of things to and have managed but that will be in a March round up
But I have had some big fat ticks on my
List this week. 

So I thought I would cast on a couple of garments for me, who doesn't need garments at what nearly 38 weeks pregnant?

Anyway I did, a jumper and a cardi and 2 pairs of socks 


This is Arlin which is a lightweight cardigan with a plain top and eyelets in the bottom
 So I'm trying to get to tieing the sleeves off. It's going well so far and I should be able to do it. It's a lovely melon type colour, it's a Rico dk merino 


And this is Prairie fire by Tin can knits and has been on my list forever 

I have done more than this but not for a pic. This is a bit trickier and I had to have some pattern help at knit night this week. My weeks are numbered at my lovely knit night so I'm taking ALL the questions in while I can. 


I cast on a pair of socks the other week and put a dent in those for the Harry Potter knit along that seems to be doing along on lots of podcasts. Ok Inside Number 22 and Knitting Bromsticks ( my fave) 

This is London House Yarns in Bertie Botts every flavour beans or something like that. Her yarn is gorgeous if you can catch a update coz they go fast!! 


Erm I think that's all I have in 'rotation' at the min. I've finished some big sewing projects this week which I'll share soon and I'm aiming to make Martha a dress this week. 

No I forgot. About 2pm yesterday I got s bee on my bonnet ( I do that). 

This bee 


I got this Debbie Bliss for Christmas and been excited to use it and I just wanted to cast on. So yesterday I did and I can't seem to put it down

It's flying along 




How nice are those colours??  I have now tied the sleeves off and knit the whole body and nearly finished a sleeve. Super proud so hopefully it should be finished today. I still have some grand plans this week for casting more tiny baby things off so let's see how far I get. 


In other news yeh I'm pretty pregnant now. This and a bit. 
But I'm ok, Martha has been poorly
The last few days so that's not
Been fun but hopefully getting out the way before her baby brother arrives and gives him all the germs. 


Speaking of Martha. 

This girl is amAzing she's so so funny and the things she comes out with is so funny. Her current favourite is No mammy I can't do XYZ I'm too pregnant! Now where has she got that from. 
She's gonna be a awesome
Big sister and I'm really interested is the wrong word but can't wait to see what she thinks when he is actually here. She includes him constantly in games and brings him some fake food and asks if tiny bear is coming where ever we are going too. 

It's so gonna be a interesting ride. 


P.s I understand my phone did quite a comic autocorrect last week which amused you all. I have woolly blankets not willie related ones lol. 

Think that's about it

Catch you soon xx


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails