Sunday 26 April 2009

Cooking TIME

So since i moved house i have been learning to cook with a little help from my friends and a little help from the lovely Jamie Oliver, first i tried lasagna which didnt look so pretty when it was finished but tasted good.


Those of you who know me know i tend not to eat ' food of colour' i dont do peppers veg, fruit or anything so quite a big deal that there is now peppers in my fridge all the time!


Easing myself in with shepherds pie




And then i made veg soup which was really nice and one way of getting my 5 a day lol

And then Jamie arrived, my lovely friend Leanne (& kevin) got me the latest Jamie Oliver book after hearing how little i cooked for a new home present so thanks guys i love it.
So first thing i tried was Fajitas inspired my Laura and Will lovely dinner party they did while we were in London


i didnt quite follow the recipe but they tasted blooming good!
So next thing was a big thing, i made a Pie, i used a jamie recipe which was a chicken and leek one but i did it with mushroom, broccoli and carrots to shake it up a little lol







Pretty impressive i think, so today im making some soup for lunch this week and might try a stew and some cakes as i have 100s of eggs to use up.
If you have a recipe to share feel free
thanks for stopping by xx

5 comments:

beksynormz said...

Well done Rachel, everyone should have that book its great. We are having the Chilli from it for lunch! xx

Anonymous said...

Mmm it all looks so yummy! I love cooking but our oven broke, we are getting a new one delivered tomorrow, can't wait to cook proper food again!!

Unknown said...

It all looks yummy Rachel - and well done you ... I am in my 40's and I never mastered the art of cooking ... luckily I live with a man that has ... or I would be ver ver hungry :0))

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

well done to you, that's great - all looks yummy!!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Great cooking, it's a relaxing rewarding and tasty way to go! Don't forget to try Nigella..some of her stuff is literally 10 minutes and fab!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails